Thursday, August 20, 2009

Things are Just Things!

I don't know how many times in my life I have stated " I love things" and I truly do. I love my purses, shoes, house... my nic-nac's... they are my "things" but are things really that important?
When I walk into a store, I dash to the bag's and shoes and perfumes..I am a "thing" shopper and I know what I want and at times no matter what the situation is I buy those things and suffer the consequences later... until recently.
I have things that God allows me to have and these things I feel so attached to are temporary. Am I truly living by God's words when I put so much hope and energy into things? No, not at all... My home and everything in it belongs to God. He gives and takes away.. my energy is no longer about my possessions but about God, letting others see God through me.

I recently heard on K-Love radio how this college graduate had all her plans written on paper and gave God the eraser and go by His plan...
I have started with a blank piece of paper and have given God the pencil. Amazing thing to let go of your worldly things and ask God to give me what I need.

My glasses have been broke for so long, I fixed them with a small screw instead of spending money to buy a new pair, not only is my vision fixed but I can truly SEE. God gives us eyes so that we may see Him and ears so we can hear Him.

I'm not sure what the future holds for me, I could lose my house, all my "things" but I know it is God moving me from these things so I can fulfil His purpose. Loss is a lesson and gain can be too if used by God's will... not my own.

So, yes, things are JUST things. The people in my life now and for those to come is what I have replaced things with. My faith and trust is no longer in a paycheck but what God lays on my heart.

The people that I allow to read these are the most important people in my life.. I love and cherish you all more than any"thing" I have.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is time to change the name of your blog to something a little less deprecating, eh? Maybe Yikes all Friday? No, no - that'd be mine. How about Soulfully Obsessive / Compulsive (OCD for short) Christian? You decide - oh and knick-knacks are spelled with a "k". Your friend, M

    ReplyDelete