Thursday, August 13, 2009

Holding on, or letting go?

My dear, sweet, beautiful, determined, headstrong, stubborn, angry, teen is planning moving out in 2 months (when she turns 18) mind you, she doesn't have a drivers licence, job and has not even looked. She will not graduate on time but reassures me she will remain in school. Hahaha!

I argue with her about all these issues, one minute I want her out NOW and the next I do not wanna let go. How do mothers let go? How can I watch her walk out the door and not see her everyday, wonder what she is doing, eating, drinking (water not alcohol)

It saddens me because she isn't ready, but feels she will be in 2 months.
I have to let go and watch her fly but I so badly wanna fly with her, teach her and help her choose right and not wrong.

We are mom and daughter and best friends and sometimes enemy's, but I love her so much.
Is it against the law to lock her up for 3 more years??


Went to my mental health Dr. We have a new diagnosis to my list of others, not only am I suffering from depression and anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. I know have a new one added to my list OCD, I made the mistake of telling the Dr one of his pictures were crooked, he folded his hands, sat back in his seat and smiled and asked "oh really, what else have you been studying in here) and of course the first thing that came out was that he had more circles in his office than in other offices I have counted, he then looked and me and asked how many drawers were in his file cabinet, I stated 24, and at that moment I was RED! And I could not stop with the counting squares and comparing to circles in places I go because I just have to know how many squares versus circles there are because we all know there are more squares than circles and if you do not believe me you're gonna have to prove it.

I have probably had this disorder since I was a young child, when I get scared or nervous I clean, make sure everything is in it's "spot" and trust me, everything has a spot.
My husband calls me rain man because he has endured my endless counting for years.

My head is wired funny, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment