Wednesday, September 9, 2009

City High, What Would Yo Do?

Boys and girls, wanna hear a true story?Saturday night, was at this real wild party They had the liquor overflowin' the cup About 5, 6 strippers tryin' to work for a buck And I took one girl outside wit me Her name was Lonni, she went to Jr. High wit me I said, "Why you up in there dancin' for cash?I guess a whole lot's changed since I seen you last"She said, "What would you do if your son was at homeCryin' all alone on the bedroom floor?Cuz he's hungry, and the only way to feed himIs to sleep with a manFor a little bit of money and his daddy's gone Somewhere smokin' rock now In and out of lock down, I ain't got a job now So for you this is just a good time but for me this is what I call life"Me and my sister ran away so my daddy couldn't rape us Before I was a teenager, I done been through more shit You can't even relate to"What would you do if your son was at homeCryin' all alone on the bedroom floor?'Cuz he's hungry, and the only way to feed him Is to sleep with a man For a little bit of money and his daddy's gone Somewhere smokin' rock now In and out of lockdown, I ain't got a job now So for you this is just a good time but for me this is what I call lifeWhat would you do if your son was at homeCryin' all alone on the bedroom floor?Cuz he's hungry, and the only way to feed him Is to sleep with a man For a little bit of money and his daddy's gone Somewhere smokin' rock now In and out of lockdown, I ain't got a job nowSo for you this is just a good time but for me this is what I call life.



This song hit me like a rock today... While I was being beat my brother was being molested by his own mother... I was adopted by my sister and her husband... I've never been a prostitute, but my brother, no where to go, lying on a bench, cuz he is homeless and hungry...the only way to feed himself was to prostitute himself... no one knew.... he was MY brother and I did not save him... I did not help him....

The evil I feel right now is scary to me.... If God didn't help me, why didn't he protect my brother...

I could kill this woman with my bare hands... and enjoy it... scared of me now?

1 comment:

  1. I will talk to you about your brother in private - not on here. Your first long paragraph is like stream of consciousness prose poetry. Is it really song lyrics or something you just originally wrote? No one really saved you either Vick - they knew about Jerry and it seems they never confronted him. The guilt you feel about Billy is real but unguided. Please meet with him and let him know immediately that he is not alone. Wanting to kill Dorothy is a valid feeling but like you told me the only satisfaction would be derived by you and not Billy. But if you know where she lives I think in time Billy should confront her and both you and Billy should talk to Mark. My feeling is the only remorse he feels is so his wife and child will never find out what kind of a monster he is. I don't know if there is anything that can be done concerning the law but I feel people like that should be exposed for the monsters that they are. Their power over you is over but not for Billy. Help him, Vick - he needs you and he needs to know the truth. I trust you to do the right thing. Love, M

    ReplyDelete