Monday, September 5, 2011

Toxic Work Environment and Depression

In the past 8 months I have left two jobs. One I absolutely loved, but was so toxic it was making me sick physically and emotionally.
While sitting in the waiting room of ICU my manager at Mediconnect was texting me, yep. TEXTING me that if I did not return to work I would be written up. I had explained that this person was like a dad to me and I would make up my time and to please just wait until I got back to the office to have this conversation. So unprofessional. How did I react? I quit.
I had such respect and admiration for so many people in that company and realize that they are heartless.
In my attempt at getting back out there, I thought I would give a shot at Burger King... an easy, fun and fast paced job while I repaired the damage Mediconnect caused. But no, being paid 8.00 an hour I was faced with a bully of a manager who would yell at me and at customers. She actually had the audacity to tell me I piss her off after I had an issue with an order change. The customer said it was her fault but my bully manager just walked away...
I am seeing a very sad trend. Depression and Toxic work environments combined with terrible unethical managers.
I hold to the hope there are people, companies, owners, managers, CEO's that have integrity, heart and honest. I hope that if I start my own business I will hold to these values.
I know jobs are hard to find at the moment but being treated poorly to the point of depression and causing you to be sick is not worth it. Leave and never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment