Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Is it Happenstance?

Have you ever sat there is your self loathing, pity party and someone worse off walks into your life? It's kind of like getting hit on the head with a brick, for a moment you feel very normal and so very sane! and soooo happy to be alive!! its like a super high, the kind ya get from chocolate or well.... other things...."dot dot dot"
You get to be the listening to the sad story, the one NOT crying, NOT feeling, you are holding their hand and offering comfort and feeling a mixture of pleasure and fear. Pleasure at the fact you re finally the "normal one" and fear of when you will be the "freak" again.
People do not understand depression, bi-polar disorder, PTSD, OCD... I could go on and on but I don't want to waste an hour of my day listing all the mental illness'. People have to be educated, how does this happen? We have so many different organizations for breast cancer, diabetes, and other illnesses we need to have more done and more advocates for those suffering with a mental or emotional illness.
Okay, done ranting....
Happenstance... I like that word, I like the thought.
For instance, we bought a puppy a few months ago, he is a mixture of two labs, yellow and black so he looks like a Rotty, he is adorable. There were 7 males to choose from. I sat on the ground and let all these pups crawl all over me and there was this one who did not leave me when his mommy was let out of the house, he didn't care his brothers were all with their mom, he stayed with me, pulling my hair, biting my shoes. It was love at first bite!
Now, a few months later, and many bite marks on my shoes, bags... my BRA, I am wondering what I saw in this little brown eyed guy.
I watch him, his tail is ALWAYS wagging, he looks like he is always smiling and I absolutely love him. It was happenstance that day, because my eyes were drawn to a pure black lab but this lil man grabbed my heart!
Okay... so, now.................... not so sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment